Check Out Our VOLUNTEER and CAMPAIGN OPPORTUNITIES, as well as the following initiatives!
Fall 2016 Activism Guide
Below you will find a guide to keeping your chapter involved and active during the Fall of 2016. The guide includes tips and instructions on how to hold voter registration drives, mock elections, debate watch parties, candidate forums, and other events! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0pCnArPuhFudlpUVVFRTWdCSmc/view
MAS Activist of the Month
Chapter presidents: is someone in your chapter active in your community? Do you believe they deserve special recognition? Let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with what your chapter has done to be the MAS Activist of the month and they could be featured in an MAS Liberty article!
Chapter Ideas for Activism
- Host a fundraiser for a local charity , such as a movie night, bake sale or walk-a-thon
- Invite a guest speaker to a chapter meeting
- Launch an awareness campaign for an issue you care about
- Run a food/clothes/book drive
JSA NATIONAL INITIATIVES
Fight Apathy is a nationwide campaign that promotes civic education and leadership among the youth by sparking a passion for pressing social and political issues and engaging them in political discourse.
- Five Steps to Success Fight Apathy Packet: http://states.jsa.org/fightapathy/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2015/11/Six-Steps-to-Success-PDF.pdf
- For more resources about Fight Apathy Day go to http://states.jsa.org/fightapathy/downloads-and-resources/
Contact Directors of Activism:
Carli Hackmann (email@example.com)