Want to start a NorCal JSA chapter? Great! It’s really not hard:
- Verify with school officials that starting a chapter/club is OK.
- Find a teacher at your school willing to be your chapter teacher/advisor.
- Create a Chapter Constitution (which you can pretty much just copy from our example).
- Get seven other people at your school to join and pay the $5.00 membership dues.
- Send those dues and a copy of the chapter constitution to the JSA office (111 Anza Blvd, Suite 109, Burlingame, CA 94010).
- Fill out this form once your chapter gets going.
- That’s it!
Extra links that might help:
- Chapter Startup Guide and resource guide
- Taking Charge of Your Chapter guide
- Chapter Membership Dues Form (fill this out, send in your chapter constitution and dues [or pay them online], and you’re an official chapter!)
- The national Starting a Chapter guide.
One other document: the Fall State registration packet. This is our next state-wide, overnight convention. It’s in Santa Clara in November. Once you’re registered, we’d love to see you there!